Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A little clarification to the WNOX show

One of the first questions on the WNOX forum posed was "what will you do to restore the confidence of the voters?" I had contrasted my answer (requiring structural reforms) against the other answers (how honest and ethical each individual said they would be if elected).

I don't mean for my answer to imply any question about the ethics of the other candidates. I wanted to express that there's a concern, and rightly so, that even the best-meaning person can be (and often is) corrupted by the system once in office. We can all swear that we'll do the right thing, but as my father once quipped, "don't trust yourself over 30." I want to put the reforms in place to (1) cover the commissioners that aren't up for re-election until 2010, (2) cover myself and those elected in 2008, and (3) cover ALL future commissioners for the next 100 years.

This issue is bigger than one candidate or one election cycle.

1 comment:

b3n said...

This is just a reminder that City People is sponsoring an Open Forum for the District 1 County Commission Primary.

The forum will be Wednesday, January 16 (6-8pm) in the Great Hall of the Emporium building located at 112 s. Gay St.

Please spread the word!