Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tedford Road Update: Fire Out, Soil and Water Testing

It's been a week now with no flare-ups, so I think it's safe to say we're past the fire stage. County engineering continues daily inspections to confirm.

Soil tests (10 samples) should be back soon. We met today with Knox Co epidemiologist (Al Iannocone), and TDEC geologists. We discussed the possible strategy for the second round of well testing. At this time, we are awaiting the soil tests (to see if there are contaminants in the soil that would make water testing more urgent), and to find out the costs of dye testing (which would allow us to identify the specific underground water flow, rather than "guessing" at which wells and springs are connected to the sinkhole). I would suspect these details should be nailed down in about two weeks. I will be assisting the geologists with a backup plan by going door-to-door to identify which wells we can measure depths on.

No comments: